1) I acknowledge and confirm that I am at least 18 years of age and am purchasing an online nail program and that I have researched my local state/province/country regulatory boards to confirm that this program will allow me to be eligible to work professionally in the nail industry if after successful completion of this program if I so choose.
2) I acknowledge that due to the nature of delivery of the program, the online portion (Online Learning Environment access, videos, print out material, presentations) of any program is non refundable after purchase date. I acknowledge that I may be entitled to a refund of products, professional kits and dvds if these items are returned to The Academy of Nail Design unopened and that I am responsible for the shipping costs associated with returning the refundable items.
3) I acknowledge the requirements for completing my program as outlined and that I am not eligible for a Certificate unless all requirements have been successfully completed and acknowledged by the school.
4) I acknowledge that I will be receiving electronic copies of the program modules, but that program kits, dvds, accessories etc. will be shipped to me by Canada post (Canadian students), or FEDEX (U.S. and International students) and that delivery of such shipped items depends on the area in which I live but on average will take 20-25 business days. I acknowledge that The Academy of Nail Design will attempt to have the delivery date in accordance with the shipping date as notified of at time of purchase, but that this date may vary from the shipping date as notified on the site at time of purchase due to circumstances beyond the control of The Academy of Nail Design and this does not entitle me to a refund of any order unless the order can not be fulfilled by The Academy of Nail Design.
5) I acknowledge and agree to purchase a Student Liability Insurance policy while enrolled in any TAOND Certificate program that Indemnifies The Academy of Nail Design from any Liable action taken against any student while enrolled and after graduation of any TAOND program.
6) I acknowledge that The Academy of Nail Design reserves the right to Terminate my Student Account with Notice without refund of any monies for Cause and/or for violation of any of these Terms and Conditions.
7) I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to have access to the proper professional products, equipment and sanitation materials in order that I am able to safely and successfully complete my program and that I agree to follow all local/provincial/state and federal sanitation guidelines with regards to my equipment, products and accessories during the duration of my program.
8) I acknowledge that during the time that I am enrolled in this program that I represent The Academy of Nail Design and as a student of TAOND I agree to act in a mature, safe manner and will not portray myself as a professional or any other status other then a student while in this program.
9) I acknowledge that I will be handling and have access to professional nail products commonly used in the nail industry as a part of my program and that I agree to use these products with only the utmost care, in a safe, professional, equipped setting, and that I will not hold The Academy of Nail Design, its successors, or representatives liable for any misuse of these products that leads to any liability to myself or any client that I practice on during this program. I also acknowledge and agree that I will disclose to any client I work on during my program that I am a student and have my clients sign off any liability to myself or The Academy of Nail Design during the course of my program.
10)I acknowledge that The Academy of Nail Design does not encourage nor advocate the use of any other nail or beauty products that are not included in this program and accepts no responsibility for the students' use of such items.
11) Anytime after registration, if I wish to postpone program payments, requests must be remitted in written form to the school. The Academy will agree to review a students request to postpone program(s) fees due under the Registration contract, however receipt of such request does not guarantee acceptance of such postponement, nor entitles the student to a refund.
PROGRAM RE-INSTATEMENT FEE - I acknowledge that if I do not access my TAOND LMS Account for a period of more than 2 calendar years that in order to continue my program re-instatement/update or re-populate my LMS account TAOND is entitled to charge me a Program Re-instatement Fee.
12) I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to disclose any allergies, contagious infections and/or any other conditions that may affect the safety of myself or any clients that I may perform services on during this program and agree not to hold The Academy of Nail Design liable in any incident that may occur during my program.
13) The school reserves the right to make any changes to the course program content, delivery and scheduling as long as there are no additional charges to the student currently enrolled. In the event of disruptions to program delivery for issues beyond the control of The Academy of Nail Design, I acknowledge that The Academy of Nail Design will in a timely manner address such technical issues and I acknowledge that I am not entitled to a refund or any program fees partial or full paid to The Academy of Nail Design under such circumstances. In the event that The Academy of Nail Design ceases to operate, due to unforeseen circumstances, I agree and acknowledge that The Academy of Nail Design will attempt it's best to fulfill all program purchase agreements by continuing to operate the Online learning Environment for a period of 3 months after the discontinuation of the operation of The Academy of Nail Design, and issue Certificates to those students who complete their program requirements within that time frame. I acknowledge this 3 month time frame and agree that if I am unable to complete my program requirements during that time period after which The Academy of Nail Design ceases to operate, that I am not entitled to any refund of program purchases or materials purchased in conjunction with my program, and will not hold The Academy of Nail Design, its owners, employees, executors or heirs liable in any respect.
14) I acknowledge that the program materials created by The Academy of Nail Design are copyrighted information and that I agree that I will in no way distribute, make copies of, or share any of this information with any third party who is not a party to these terms and conditions. Any violation of this agreement will be met with persecution to the full extent of the law.
15) I understand and agree that the information provided in the program is not meant to replace professional legal, accounting or insurance advice and I agree that The Academy of Nail Design expressly disclaims all and any liability to any person, whether the purchaser of this program or not, in respect of anything and of the consequences of anything done or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance, whether whole or partial, upon the whole or any part of the contents of this program.
16) If I decide to operate my own business I acknowledge and agree that my business is independent of The Academy of Nail Design and have properly registered my business name and operate it in such a manner that is required by the local laws of my jurisdication, and will not hold liable in any way The Academy of Nail Design, its owners, employees, executors, heirs for any personal, or corporate, liability, claim, suit, action, loss or damages that may arise from my services that I provide in my business.
TAOND SHINE CLUB TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) You must be over the age of 18 years before becoming a member and accessing the Site.
2) Your Membership is non-transferable. You must not share your username and password with anyone else or allow anyone else to access the Site using your username and password.
3)You are responsible for every use of the Site that occurs in conjunction with use of your username and password. You must use reasonable efforts to keep your username and password confidential. You must notify us as soon as you become aware of any unauthorised use of your membership, username or password.
4) Membership is based on periodic subscription fees which are detailed on the Site’s sign up page. Your membership, or access to Content and areas of the Site, will be suspended or cancelled if we do not receive the fees for your subscription type.
5) You may also have rights granted to you by law which may entitle you to a refund of fees in specific circumstances. Apart from those things, refunds of subscription fees will not be made.
6) You acknowledge that membership into the TAOND SHINE CLUB is a recreational membership and does not guarantee employment or meet any professional or legal obligations for licensing or working requirements in the nail industry.
Changes to Membership Terms
1)We may change these Membership Terms from time to time, but we will notify members before doing so. You will be given the opportunity to cancel your subscription with a pro-rata refund (based on time remaining in your subscription) if you do not want to accept the changes. If you do not opt out in this way, your continued subscription to and use of the Site will be an acceptance of the updated Membership Terms.
1)You acknowledge that membership into the TAOND SHINE CLUB is a recreational membership and does not guarantee employment or meet any professional or legal obligations for licensing or working requirements in the nail industry.
2) Monthly Membership fees are due and automatically debited from your account via PayPal recurring subscription 30 Days after initial enrolment until such time you cancel your membership.
1) You can cancel your Membership enrollment at anytime by 'unsubscribing' to the PayPal recurring subscription in your PayPal account. For details on cancelling a PayPal Subscription - Please click here. We strongly recommend you review all PayPal terms and conditions for PRIOR to enrolling.
2) If you decide to cancel your membership then your LMS Account will automatically be suspended and access to the Club will be terminated. If at any time in less than 1 year (364 calendar days) after your termination you wish to continue your membership you can re-enroll and we will unsuspended your LMS account. If a period of 1 year (over 365 calendar days) expires after your Membership termination your LMS account will automatically deleted and any work or interaction you created in your LMS account will be deleted.
Availability and Use of the Site
1) The LMS site will usually be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We may, however, need to interrupt or suspend your access to the Site or the provision of the Site’s services and Content, for maintenance, technical or other reasons.
2) When accessing and using the Site and its services and Content, you must comply with directions, instructions or protocols posted on the Site.
3) We are pleased to be able to offer a wide range of exclusive Content on the Site for your educational and learning needs, which we aim to regularly add to. The Content will be updated, changed or removed from time to time, at our discretion, so we can’t guarantee that specific Content will always be available on the Site.
Rights to Content; intellectual property
1) Each item of Content is copyright of its author. We own any TAOND contributed Content, and all other rights in the Site including its design, compilation and look and feel.
2) Your membership gives you a right (a revocable, non-exclusive licence) to use the Content for personal purposes. You must not redistribute Content (such as tutorials, eBooks, videos, courses and source files). Any project files, spreadsheets or other assets associated with Content are included to demonstrate the course or tutorial. You may use, modify and manipulate files for your own personal educational purposes, but you must not otherwise exploit the files and the assets in them, or redistribute the files or assets.
3) The trade marks and logos displayed on the Site are, unless otherwise stated, those of The Academy of Nail Design and others, and you must not use these without the approval of the relevant owner.
Forum and Community Rules
1) Our Forum and Community rules, which are part of these Membership Terms and apply to content contributed to the Sites by members (such as comments, reviews and forum posts).
2) We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to monitor all matter posted to the Site. We are not responsible or liable for material posted by others. We do, however, reserve the right to edit, refuse to post or to remove matter that in our discretion is objectionable or in violation of these Membership Terms, our policies or applicable law.
You must not upload or post any materials that:
- restrict or inhibit others’ use or enjoyment of the Site;
b. are false, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, or offensive;
c. infringe others’ rights, including privacy or intellectual property rights;
d. disclose personal information about others, particularly sensitive information;
e. contain a virus, spyware, or other harmful component; or
f. contain commercial solicitation or ‘spam’ of any kind.
Any violation of these Forum and Community Rules and/or Terms & Conditions can result in the immediateTermination of the Members Access and Account at the sole discretion of The Academy of Nail Design and any such Termination due to these violations will not result in any repayment of Membership Fees paid.
2) Personal information that you disclose may be used by The Academy Of Nail Design, its agents and contractors in relation to your membership and the Site, including marketing activities for the Site.
3) We may disclose any personal information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or government request.
Refusal, suspension or termination of membership
1) We may, in our discretion, immediately restrict, suspend or terminate your membership and access to the Site if we consider you in breach of these Membership Terms, any other Site rules, or applicable law.
2) We reserve the right to refuse membership in our discretion (examples include previous breaches of membership terms on any of our websites.)
Any violation of these Forum and Community Rules and/or Terms & Conditions will result in the immediate Termination of the Member's Access and Account at the sole discretion of The Academy of Nail Design, and any such Termination due to these violations will not result in any repayment of Membership Fees paid.
Liability and disclaimer
1) Except as provided in an applicable Non-excludable Law, we are bound only by the express promises made in these Membership Terms and are not bound by implied terms.
2) Except as provided in an applicable Non-excludable Law:
- we do not promise that the Content or your access to the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the Site or Content are free of viruses or any other harmful components; and
b. we make no promises regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Site or Content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise.
3) Except as provided in an applicable Non-excludable Law, we and our affiliates are not liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss or revenue or loss of profits which result from any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access, the Site.
1) We control and operate the Site from our offices in Canada. The laws of Canada govern these Membership Terms, and you and The Academy Of Nail Design submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there.
All other The Academy Of Nail Design Terms & Conditions noted in this agreement apply to members enrolling in the TAOND SHINE CLUBTAOND MASTERS NAIL PROGRAM - ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) I acknowledge that by purchasing and enrolling in the TAOND Master Certificate Program I am subject to the Terms & Conditions are described above as well as the Additional Terms & Conditions specifically noted below.
2) I acknowledge that by purchasing and my enrolling in the TAOND Master Certificate Program this will enroll me into PayPal's Automatic Monthly Recurring Subscription Program and that I will be billed automatically every 30 days from my Initial Enrollment Date (the date I enroll in my program.) through PayPal for the amount of $120.00 CAD plus any applicable taxes. The total tuition for this Program is $960.00 CAD not including any applicable taxes or other program materials I am obligated or choose to purchase.
3) I acknowledge that I will be billed for 8 Monthly Tuition Payments of $120.00 CAD (additional applicable taxes not included). Only upon successful receipt by TAOND through PayPal of my monthly payment will I have access to my next Program Component and that this Component will automatically be added to my TAOND LMS account. If my PayPal payment is not processed or for some reason is returned to me I will have 10 Business Days to re-submit my payment and maintain my LMS account as current. If my payment remains outstanding for more than 25 days I acknowledge that TAOND reserves the right to suspend my TAOND LMS account until such time that the Payment is received by TAOND. Payments that remain outstanding for more than 30 days will result in my LMS account being suspended and subject to a Re-activation Fee of $25.00
5) I acknowledge that I may cancel my Subscription Payments at anytime through PayPal and that my cancellation of my Payment Subscription will result in the cancellation of my TAOND MASTERS Program enrollment and such cancellation does not entitle me to any partial or full refund of Tuition Fees I have paid.
6) I acknowledge that all Fees (Re-Activation and Extension) are subject to change at the sole discretion of TAOND. Monthly Tuition Fees are subject to change at the sole discretion of TAOND, however my Tuition Fees will remain constant at the rate quoted to me at the time by which I first enrolled for my full 8 months.
7) I acknowledge that the Required Program Materials quoted to me are provided by third party vendors and not TAOND, and therefore if there is an issue, defection or payment discrepancy with any of these materials I have purchased I will directly communicate with these vendors. TAOND is not responsible or accountable for these products or services, nor a party to any legal dispute that may arise.
8) I acknowledge that students are encouraged to complete their programs within the 8 month timeframe, however do have up to 1 year in order to complete all the requirements of their program without penalty. Students who do not complete their programs within 1 year of their Initial Enrollment Date must received written permission from TAOND for an extension and will be subject to Program Extension Fees.
9) I acknowledge that these Terms & Conditions are subject to change at the sole discretion of TAOND in any manner as determined as reasonable and that by logging into my TAOND LMS account I again confirm that I have read, understood and agree to all Terms & Conditions.
TAOND -1051 2nd Avenue East, Suite #227,Owen Sound, Ontario,N4K 2H8